Things To Do
Last updated: 2 Feb 2003
- Anniversary warning window opening on top?
- Stop journal icon going over arrow in a small window.
- Toolbar over-flowing (especially when vertical).
- Journal and Note links not moving when re-sizing the main window.
- Calendar today hightlight slightly offset if window is very small.
The following features will be major tasks and probably result in a chargable upgrade along with a few smaller features.
- To-do lists.
- Planner section.
- Linking multiple Organizers (eg. at Home and Office) via floppy disc to keep both versions up-to-date.
- Network version - multiple Organizer slaves using a central database.
- PalmPilot synchronisation.
Smaller things to do:
That I'd like to do sooner rather than later:
- Only put quotes around CSV export if data contains a comma.
- Allow digits to be dialled manually after dialling a number. Usefull for entering certain digits of PIN numbers, etc.
- Give alarms different sounds.
- Allow 'Working week' alarms.
- Display alarms at a position proportional to their time.
- Merge in a data file.
- Sort categories menu.
- Optionally Sort Note index.
- Show all user-definable fields in address entry page.
- Optional compact address entry page without fancy borders and stuff.
- Allow the CallerID call logging to only log calls made to certain categories & record the category of dialled numbers so that they can be searched for more easily.
- User-definable default section.
- Tab alarms without time to line up with alarms with time display. Optional?
- Coloured diary days for different holidays, etc.
- More colours, and ability to give colours names.
- Ability to search the Diary by colour.
- CSV & vCard import/export in diary.
- Search & Replace. With intellignet auto-replacement of old dialling codes?
- Address label/envelope printing.
- Last number redial facility.
Slightly lower priority for these:
- Dustbin of deleted items, so they can easily be un-deleted, with auto-expiry time.
- Allow Sunday to be the first day of the week.
- Allow more than one start week for week numbers.
- User-definable format for copying and exporting names, eg without prefixes, or just initials instead of full names, etc.
- Timed hot-key presses in the addressbook so you can type in a full surname and it takes you to it.
- Save CSV import settings.
- Saving to locked disc, turn autosave back on when unlocked.
- Let the Journal use different filetypes.
- Report tomorrows appointments on shutdown.
- Make page turn icons auto repeat
- Make address-book letter index different colour if more than one page.
- Calendar colours totally configureable (red festive days).
- Drag to copy or move alarms
- Multiple datafile handling, for multiple users, or for completely separate personal/business databases.