Organizer, Version 1.55
Organizer version 1.55 was released to registered users on 1st April 2001 as a free upgrade to version 1.50,
The new features are:
The main new feature since version 1.50 is an improved address-book. This includes:
- Home and Work addresses. The small 'H' and 'W' tabs at the top of the adjacent
screenshot give access to separate home and work address, e-mails, phone numbers, etc.
- User-definable fields. At the bottom of the adjacent screenshot you can see my ICQ
number and Yahoo! ID. These have been entered into user-definable fields.
You can define as many fields as you like.
- Multiple e-mails, URLs, phone numbers, etc. As you can see, I've entered both my email
addresses into my entry. Just by seperating them with a comma in the input field they are displayed
individually and can both be clicked on to open your e-mail software.
- Prefixes and Suffixes. You can also give each name distinct prefixes and suffixes, without having to
to enter them into the firstname or surname field.
- User-definable address-book fields.
- Separate home and work address details per address-book entry.
- Multiple lines can be stored in each address-book field and displayed on separate lines (eg, you can easily enter 2 e-mails, etc.)
- Names can have distinct prefixes and suffixes.
- Date Select window improved (you'll like it!).
- Alarms can repeat on the 4th of the month.
- Task alarms no longer held up by normal alarms.
- An OrgData file within the !Organizer directory will be loaded by default and with higher priority than Choices:Organizer.OrgData
- Diary search results in chronological order again.
- System variables can be used in the Digital clock.
- Search results can be deleted, or added/removed from/to address-book categories.
- Existence of address-book fields can be searched for.
- Important numbers can be sorted.
- Holding down CTRL when clicking on an e-mail address will paste ",<address>" into the icon with the caret if the caret is not at the start of the icon text.
- StrongHelp file has a very useful contents page.