My GPS Navigator application:
GpsNav, Version 1.11 (Nov 17th 1997)
I have written an Interface application for the Rockwell Microtracker(TM) LP GPS Receiver
module for Acorn/RiscOS computers. This is written in Clares WimpBASIC programming language and is
available as Freeware. It can be downloaded and distributed freely (to anyone who wants it!)
provided that no charge is made and it is not modified. For users of Clares' WimpBASIC the
design file is available together with a Help file in the GpsDes archive, otherwise a compiled
application is available in the GpsNav archive. A copy of WBModules, WimpBASIC's
runtime module (72 Kb) is provided in the WBMod archive. This is needed by all WimpBASIC
applications and the latest version can be downloaded from the dedicated
Here are the basic features of GpsNav:
- Communicates with the Microtracker(TM) LP GPS receiver via the serial port.
- Receives, decodes and displays a large number of varied navigation,
time and satellite data.
- Sends initialization and configuration commands to the receiver.
- Has a large main window with over 160 icons to display a variety of data
form the receiver.
- Many icons change colour according to the validity of data and the status
of the receiver.
- It is a multitasking Desktop application and requires RiscOS 3.1 or higher
Download the GPS Navigator
GpsNav.zip v1.11 (48K Sparkive). Download the compiled GpsNav
GpsDes.zip v1.11 (69K Sparkive). Download GpsNav's
WimpBASIC design and Help file.
Help.zip (12K Sparkive). Download GpsNav's Help file only.
WBMod.zip (69K Sparkive). Download WBModules v2.00.
Home Page GpsNav