The RISC OS Blog
- What is apache? 07-Dec-2018
With RISC OS switching to the Apache licence, here is your brief intro to the world of Apache....
- November news 30-Nov-2018
Some things we noticed this month. What did you see?
- Drag'n'Drop Summer 2018 edition reviewed 23-Nov-2018
- PackMan in practice, part 2 16-Nov-2018
As mentioned at the end of part one, this article about creating PackMan packages is going to look at what's necessary to generate distribution index ...
- GPS becomes Data Logger 09-Nov-2018
At the recent London Show Chris Hall was showing his new Data Logger. Here he gives some info into the new hardware
- Running RISC OS servers in 2018: is it secure? 30-Nov-2018
Over the years, the blog has featured a few articles on running Internet-facing services on RISC OS, from web servers (WebJames and HTTPServ) to VNC a...
- A look at the new Raspberry Pi 3 A+ 16-Nov-2018
A new member of the Raspberry Pi family was unveiled this week. The Raspberry Pi 3 model A+ features the same 1.4GHz ARMv8 Cortex-A53 processor as th...
- RISC OS gets the open source bug, finally! 26-Oct-2018
Two decades since Acorn Computers packed its bags, RISC OS has become fully open source. This move marks a big step forward for the community as a who...
- Reading Manga from your RISC OS desktop 16-Oct-2018
As someone who’s never been an avid manga reader in the past, I took a look at !Manga from Rick Murray out of curiosity more than anything. I was ex...
- Under the Microscope: Passwords 25-Sep-2018
A year ago I took a look at what password manager options there were out there for RISC OS, that article covered Passman from Kevin Wells as well as Q...
More RISC OS news at the mailing list of the Acorn News Service (ANS).