My Wacom tablet driven Mouse emulator:
flatMouse, Version 0.24beta (Feb 16th 1998)
As a follow-up to my WacomTest Wacom tablet test and configuration utility, I have written
flatMouse, a freeware mouse emulator module that is driven by a Wacom tablet. flatMouse supports
the Wacom IV and Wacom IVe command sets and ROM versions 1.2 and up of the UD series tablets.
It doesn't have a SWI chunk allocated so pressure information cannot be passed on to other
applications, and pointer tilt data is not currently utilised. However, flatMouse emulates
all three RiscOS mouse buttons from the state of the three switches on the tablet's pointer,
eg pen tip, lower barrel and upper barrel switches. It also provides up to 48 keyboard
shortcuts derived from the tablet's function button menustrip, if available. flatMouse
automatically adapts to the current VDU resolution and the tablet's X and Y co-ordinate
These are the basic features of flatMouse:
- Supports the UD-series tablets with the Wacom IV and IVe command sets, ROM version 1.2 up.
- Provides emulation for all three RiscOS mouse buttons via the three switches on the tablet's pointer.
- Automatically adapts to the current screen resolution and the type of tablet in use.
- Provides up to 48 keyboard shortcuts through the function button menustrip available in most tablets.
- Initializes the tablet at startup to more useful configuration settings.
- Provides a number of star commands to read data from the tablet and send useful commands.
- Although only tested on a RiscPC with RiscOS 3.70, it should work with at least RiscOS 3.10 up.
Download the Wacom tablet driven Mouse emulator.
flatms.zip v0.24beta (12K Sparkive). Download the Mouse emulator module and Help file.
Help.zip (7 K Sparkive). Download flatMouse's Help file only.