My test and configuration utility for Wacom tablets:
WacomTest, Version 1.02 (Feb 16th 1998)
WacomTest is an application for testing and configuring Wacom graphics
tablets. It supports all the data formats transmitted by the digitiser and
some of the more useful commands of the Wacom IV and Wacom IVe command sets.
WacomTest is not compatible with Wacom II-s and Wacom IV tablets with ROM
version prior to 1.2. The main reason for this is that there is only one
tablet, an A5 UD-0608-R00 available to the author, so testing and debugging is
not feasible for other types!
WacomTest is written in WimpBASIC and is provided as Freeware. It can be downloaled and
distributed freely provided that no charge is made and it is not modified. For users of Clares'
WimpBASIC the design file is available together with a Help file in the WacDes archive, otherwise
a compiled application is available in the WacTst archive. A copy of WBModules, WimpBASIC's runtime
module (72 Kb) is also provided in the WBMod archive. This is needed by all WimpBASIC applications
and the latest version can be downloaded from the dedicated
These are the basic features of WacomTest:
- Supports all data formats and the more useful commands of the Wacom IV command set.
- Displays all data transmitted by the digitiser, including pointer button status.
- Reads and displays the identity string and ROM version of the tablet.
- Can initiate a self-test and display the resultant diagnostic message.
- Can enable or disable all the button groups in the tablet's Menu/Function strip.
- Can read, edit and re-write the complete Settings string of the tablet.
- It is a multitasking Desktop application and requires RiscOS 3.1 or higher
Download the Wacom tablet test and configuration utility.
WactTst.zip v1.02 (51K Sparkive). Download the compiled WacomTest application.
WacDes v1.02 (38K Sparkive). Download WacomTest's WimpBASIC design and Help file.
Help.zip (9 K Sparkive). Download WacomTest's Help file only.
WBMod.zip (69K Sparkive). Download WBModules v2.00.